Produce Your Own Event
We are looking for experienced community producers with at least a two-year track record of producing events. Successful proposals will highlight one of the following:
- Local North Orange County artists of professional caliber
- Underrepresented cultural offerings
- Folk, traditional jazz, or world ethnic artists
- Local North Orange County history
Events could include art exhibits, concerts, festivals, or fundraising events. For fundraising events, the producer must have nonprofit status. The best entries will be chosen for co-production at the Muckenthaler in 2017.
Selection will be based on need, quality, schedule, and appropriateness for the Muckenthaler site. Any proposal worthy of production but not appropriate for the Muckenthaler might be referred to other organizations
The winning community productions will be marketed as part of the Muckenthaler 2017 season. Our marketing includes postcards, e-blasts, web, social media and 30,000 brochures.
The Muckenthaler will also provide events staff, box office ticketing and information, event set-up, professional sound and lights, technical crew, and technical assistance in the planning process. The co-productions selected must provide a finished show guaranteeing the artist(s) and production end, such as props, costumes, sets, framing, pedestals, etc.
Winning events will receive 50% of the Muckenthaler ticket sales on paid events.
If the proposal is for a free event or fundraiser, funding must be part of the proposal including rent of the Muckenthaler at a reduced rate of $750/day plus $40/hour for staffing.
Producers of ticketed events must ensure their budget works for the size and scope of the proposed event.
Event spaces include a 250-seat outdoor theatre, a 100-seat indoor gallery theatre, a 150-seat courtyard, a 100-seat garden, a two-acre west lawn, and our 8½ acre grounds (for festivals).
ONE PROPOSAL PER PRODUCER, PROPOSALS MUST BE POSTMARKED BEFORE June 30, 2017.
Submissions should be attached to an email. They should be no more than five pages long, and should include the following:
- Resume of each producer, including full contact information (email, phone, fax). (1 page)
- An account of at least two major events or concerts that the producers have organized. (1 page)
- A description of the proposed event, including the concept, the length, a paragraph about the community benefit that the proposed show offers, and the budget. (1–2 pages). The budget must include income and expenses, any grants or sponsorship, ticket prices, expected gross revenue, etc.
- A biography of the artist(s) performing. (1 page)
- A work sample of the artists to be presented if appropriate (YouTube, website, or photos/jpgs)
Please send proposals to:
Muckenthaler Cultural Center
1201 West Malvern Ave., Fullerton, CA 92833
c/o Adam England, Chief Operations Officer
Application materials will not be returned.