The Muckenthaler provides a variety of outreach programs to our community!
Art Education Outreach
After starting our outreach programs in 2009, we currently serve over 29,000 students in 25 sites in 10 cities with over 3,500 hours of art instruction
We also provided 4,500 volunteer/intern hours for our aspiring teachers and teaching artist from CSUF
1. Scholarships to Muck classes, camps (M.A.S.C & S.M.ART), and performances.
2. Local history tours of The Muckenthaler Mansion for Elementary Schools.
3. 5 free family festivals on-site at The Muck each year.
4. Community Quincenera (presented annually for 25 shelter girls in collaboration with 8 local shelters).
5. Fullerton School District (STEAM programs for 5th-8th grade district wide).
8. Crittenton Services for Children & Families of Southern California (14 hours contracted a week, plus 1 week of MASC).
9. ACT Anaheim Grant programs (with 2 sites and 6 partners including Anaheim Library systems, MUZEO, Anaheim Boys & Girls Club, Project S.A.Y., CSP, and Juvenile Diversion Program).
10. California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (under contract with the California Arts Council at 2 state prisons: High Desert and Ironwood).
11. Community Services of La Habra (summer arts program).
12. Muck @ MUZEO (free arts education programming funded by ACT Anaheim and Marshall Foundation).
13. His House Shelter (After school and preschool arts programs under a grant from the John W. Carson Foundation).
14. Center for Healthy Neighborhoods (After school arts education in partnership with CSUF).
15. Skyview School (Arts education programming funded by California Arts Council).
16. S.M.ART - "Summer, Movement, Art" - Summer Arts Camp for Youth who are mild-moderate on the autism spectrum.
17. M.A.S.C - "Multi-Arts Summer Camp" - Summer Arts Camp for Youth ages 6 - 11.
18. O.A.P - "Older Adult Program" - Our partnership with North Orange County Community College provides free classes for students 65 years+
For more Information, and to register for classes, please visit the NOCCD OAP website below.