The Muckenthaler provides a variety of outreach programs to our community!
Art Education Outreach
After starting our outreach programs in 2009, we currently serve over 15, 500 students in 42 sites in 11 cities with over 6,000 hours of art instruction.
- Muckenthaler scholarships to classes, camps, and performances.
- Muckenthaler 3rd & 4th grade local history tours (under a grant from the Gimble Foundation and California Association of Museums).
- Muckenthaler 5 free family festivals each year.
- Community Quincenera (presented annually for 25 shelter girls in collaboration with 8 local shelters).
- Fullerton Union School District (STEAM programs for 6th-8th grade district wide)
- La Habra School District (STEAM programs for 4th & 5th grade in 6 schools)
- Magnolia School District (STEAM programs for 4th-6th grade in 8 schools)
- Crittenton Services for Children & Families of Southern California (STEAM programs in 4 sites including the CA Arts Council’s JUMP StArt grant and 12 contracted classes)
- ACT Anaheim Grant programs (with 3 sites and 6 partners including Anaheim Interfaith Shelter, Anaheim Library systems, the MUZEO, the Anaheim Boys & Girls Club, and Project S.A.Y)
- Placentia Teen Art Center (a partnership with the City of Placentia, the Boys & Girls Club of Placentia, the Placentia Community Foundation, the Orange County Community Foundation, and His House Shelter).
- Bixby Educational Events (serving homeschool networks across North Orange County).
- Boys & Girls Club of Fullerton (under a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Service-Museums for America and SL Gimbel Foundation at the Richman Teen Center and the Valencia Campus).
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (under contract with the California Arts Council at 2 state prisons: High Desert and Ironwood).
- Children’s Museum of La Habra (Summer and historical programming).
- MUZEO (Due to the success of the ACT grant we are planning a new youth art center at the MUZEO for July 1st, 2016).
- His House Shelter (Afterschool and preschool arts programs under a grant from the John W. Carson Foundation).
- Placentia Library (Yoga and art classes offered free to the community).
Older Adult Classes
Our partnership with North Orange County Community College provides free classes for students 65 years+
Quilting (Sandra Johnson)
Beginning Drama (Mary Gable)
For more Information, and to register for classes, please visit the NOCCD OAP website below.