The Muckenthaler provides a variety of outreach programs to our community!
- We’ve developed a full time art program at Children’s Hospital of Orange County [funded by a grant from Kathryn T. McCarty, Elaine Redfield, and the Orange County Community Foundation].
- We provide twenty five hours per week of art programs at five of Crittenton Services‘ residential program sites [the program at Crittenton's refugee school is sponsored by a California Arts Council Artist-In-Schools grant].
- We offer theatre classes at the Richman Branch of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Fullerton.
- We have a summer program for kids who come to the U.S. as Study Abroad students.
- We participate actively in FACES of Fullerton (a yearly event that showcases local groups involved in community service) and The Fullerton Collaborative (an umbrella organization which provides community service with a special focus on children).
- We work with the Joy Foundation for the Disabled offering ceramics classes to developmentally disabled children and their adult caregivers in the Korean Community [funded by a grant from the Kenneth A. Picerne Foundation].
- We partnered with the Fullerton Sister City Association to create Sister City Exhibitions, an international exhibition and artist exchange. Our local artists have shown their work in Korea and Japan. (Q: have Korean and Japanese artists come here?)
- With Bob Jensen, Dean of Fullerton College Arts Department, we founded the Theatre Directors’ Roundtable for North Orange County theatre executives. The Roundtable produces the region-wide theatre festival called Fullerton Shadows.
- We assist a Project HOPE school in Orange which works with homeless youth (seed money provided by the Orange County Community Foundation).
- We offer art classes at With Tender Loving Care (WTLC) – a shelter for victims of abuse and human trafficking (under a grant from Sempra Energy).
- For adults: Ceramics (Basic & Advanced Pottery, Punchong Ceramics, Native American Pottery), Fine Crafts, Digital Photography, and Art & Design.
- For school age children: Visual arts, Ceramics, Theatre, and Dance (Bollywood and hip hop).
OUTREACH DONATED SERVICES
- We give 30 summer camp scholarships per year to needy youngsters [sponsored by the John W. Carson Foundation].
- We provide free Muck tour/art workshops to Fullerton third grade classes [sponsored by Orange County Community Foundation and the S.L. Gimbel Foundation]. Last year we hosted 2407 students — an increase of 183% .
- We offer 30 free passes to Muck concerts for low-income families and youth [sponsored by Fullerton Community Bank, Colette’s Catering, and Kemp Financial Services].
- We have developed a free senior art program in conjunction with the North Orange County Community College District’s Older Adults Program.
- We present a number of free festivals to the community: the Teen Arts Festival, the Folk Music & Dance Festival, the Ragtime Music Festival, and the Holiday Arts Festival [made possible by grants from the Rotary Club of Fullerton, the Phelps Family Foundation, Target, the James Irvine Foundation, and the National Charity League].
The Muckenthaler provides fundraising space for several local organizations:
- The Boys and Girls Club of Fullerton [sponsored by Fullerton Community Bank].
- The Fullerton Historic Theatre Foundation [sponsored by Colette’s Catering].
- Ballet Folklorico Monte Alban [sponsored by the Muck].
OUTREACH PROGRAMS PROPOSED for 2012
- We will begin a partnership with Sierra Academy Middle School in Santa Ana.
- We will inaugurate a 24-program Latino Audiences Initiative which will feature Latino-themed performances and exhibitions [funded by The James Irvine Foundation].
- We will create a Sister City Exhibition with Morelia, Mexico.